Title: Message
I guess when my sump failed last month I should have taken the hint and continued down path #2....  8^)

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederick Sparber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:42 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: Alleviating Energy Costs

John.

Some options to consider for geothermal/ground source heat pumps.

1, Build a new house with a water storage "vault" beneath the floor similar to
  Al Capone's hidden room that Heraldo Rivera opened in the mid 80s.

2, Flood your basement for the duration.

3, Rent a backhoe (be sure to call the toll free before -you-dig service) and
dig a 15 ft wide x 30 ft long x 7 ft deep pit  so that a 25 ft x 40 ft  bubble wrap insulated
integrated water solar collector area can store up to 2 million BTU/day (10 deg F temperature rise) with 6 hrs @ 300 BTU/square ft ( ~10% of normal solar incidence) and run it open loop
for heating and summer cooling.
4, Build that swimming pool you've always wanted and use plastic film and
Styrofoam around the upper perimeter to enlarge it's solar collection area to 1,00 square ft, at a foot or two depth.
5, Move to  Florida for the winter.  :-)

Frederick