Mitchell Swartz wrote:

At 04:13 PM 9/16/2005, Edmund Storms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Now people exist on a spectrum from true believer to pathological sceptic to
form a voting quorum. The most rewarding ones are those who were dead
against you but change. Now how are you going to bring these people on board with what - experiments that only TBs can seem to get right and no mechanism
to even discuss or communicate your ideas?

Edmund Storms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
"We have repeatable experiments, which have been described in peer reviewed journals. Dr. Swartz even operated one at ICCF-10 to which peers were invited. None showed up. As for an explanation, a useful one would be very great to have. However, explanations generally follow experiment. In other fields, money is spent observing what happens when X, Y or Z is done to the system and from the response, a theory is developed. Unfortunately, these days people get money because they have a theory and then do X, Y and Z to see if it is correct."

Dr. Storms is inaccurate.
It is NOT true that "Dr. Swartz even operated one at ICCF-10 to which peers were invited. None showed up". In fact, to the contrary, during the week long demonstration (which yield circa 290 to 250% excess heat when compared to an ohmic control), many peers did show up; more than two hundred on Tuesday afternoon alone! The demonstration was in the MIT electrical engineering building
and many MIT people came (as well as scores of others).

I apologize if I was misinformed. I was told at the time, and Peter makes the point in his introduction to the ICCF-10 Proceedings, that although people from MIT were invited, only a few students showed up. I'm glad to learn that some did see the demonstration. Did this experience on their part change the attitude at MIT?

Ed

The demonstration was written up as Swartz. M., "Can a Pd/D2O/Pt Device be Made Portable to Demonstrate the Optimal Operating Point?", ICCF-10 (Camb. MA), Proceedings of ICCF-10, (2003).

Furthermore, scores of people have witnessed the subsequent demonstrations (which are now in a subsequent 'generation' of devices). For example, the distinguished Prof. Brian Josephson saw that same cold fusion cell operated more than a year later (when it yielded circa 140% excess heat when compared to an ohmic control).

Who did not show up during that week was the mainstream media. Both the Boston Globe and Boston Herald were called by the late Dr. Eugene Mallove, but even though ads were put into the Boston Globe about the demonstration (by MIT Prof. Hagelstein), the MSM did not come. So what. More aware and less myopic members of the press DID come both there and to the recent MIT CF Colloquium.

In any case, as regards ICCF-10, hundreds of peers came, Dr. Storms - especially on Tuesday afternoon. We enjoyed discussing physics and engineering with each and every inquisitive one of them. Many pictures shown at the LENR and JTP web-sites http://world.std.com/~mica/jeticcf10demo.html
demonstrate just a glimpse of SOME of these important peers.

      Dr. Mitchell Swartz

"Science: Lost in its own mythos, redoubling its efforts when it has forgotten its aim." - Norma Cenva

  Cold Fusion Times    http://world.std.com/~mica/cft.html
The journal of the scientific aspects of loading isotopic fuels into materials ISSN# 1072-2874

  JET Thermal Products   http://world.std.com/~mica/jet.html
     Working for Safe and More Efficient Heat Products to Serve You