Title: Message
They have caught on in a big way in my house too.  Where I used to have 5 x 60 watt bulbs burning all night to light up the house outside (lost that argument many years ago) I now have 5 x 13 watt (60 watt equivalent) bulbs doing the job.  Menards (a midwest home improvement chain) sells a nice one that has a warm yellow light that turns on almost instantly (about 1/2-1 sec for the ballast to fire up).  A 4 pack will set you back $8-9.

Can't say enough nice things about them.  -john

-----Original Message-----
From: John Coviello [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:09 AM
To: Vortex
Subject: Compact Flourecent Lighting Big In Italy

I just returned from Italy and can report that compact fluorescent lighting has caught on in a big way there.  It is so ubiquitous that I didn't even notice it at first.  A lot of restaurants and hotels are using compact fluorescent lighting throughout.  The compact fluorescent lights were available in all stores.

Gasoline was selling for between $1.25 and $1.50 a litter.  Which works out to $5.50 to $7.00 a gallon after the conversions from liters to gallons and from Euros to Dollars are made.