At 12:00 am 26/11/2005 -0500, you wrote:

> Now Mr. WholeHam, if you're not nice I might do a search on
> the vortex list and see who else uses some of the unique features
> of your posts... I am legion, of course, or so it seems to
> the internet.

Talking of searches, I was interested to find that
a hohlraum is a piece of scientific equipment.

Definition of hohlraum

A laboratory device to produce blackbody
radiation.  Consists of a closed metal tube,
blackened on the inside, with a narrow slit
cut into one of the flat ends.  On heating
the tube the radiation escaping from the
slit is virtually identical with that
expected from a blackbody.

One learns something new every day on Vortex  8-)

Frank Grimer