If it makes any difference, Jed confided in me this whole story when it
happened.  I found it appalling.  Patterson wanted the $1M from Motorola
but he wanted control of the secret.  I had empathy for Motorola since they
gave me my first job out of school and I wanted to see CF succeed.  CETI
could probably have easily have gotten a 40% share out of the batwings but
they were greedy.

It was a horrible story and we were devastated by it.