Bob, there is only one physical radius for the proton, the charge radius.

Frank’s value is way off since he has always confused Compton wavelength with a
physical dimension. Sure, we can recognize duality here, but if you want
something to be based on a “speed” or quantum velocity less than c, as he does,
then you must use the physical dimension not the equivalent wavelength.

It’s really not that complicated: the Compton wavelength of a particle is
equivalent to the wavelength of a photon whose mass-energy is the same as the
rest-mass energy of the particle - which as you can see in the case of the
proton - cannot be identical to the protons physical radius. That photon wave
always travels at c, which is not the value which Frank has invented. I am not
saying that Frank’s value has no relevance to some phenomenon, but he has never
been able to demonstrate that AFAIK.

The extent of the strong force is immaterial.

Jones

From: Bob Cook

Jones--

I think the item I just copied regarding the Woods-Saxon potential indicates
for Hydrogen,  Z=1, that Frank is closer to the listed radius of 1.23 fm than
you are at your .866 fm.   I think your radius is a "rms charge radius".  You
and Frank may be talking about different dimensions of a nucleus.  Yours
clearly only applies to a single proton as I understand it and is not a radius
associated with the extent of the strong  nuclear force.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Bob Cook