Quite aside from the business consequences of his comments, my perception
of Mills is that the failure of the LENR community to take his theory more
seriously -- particularly given the LENR community's theoretic poverty --
is "bad science", independent of the quality of the empirical work of the
LENR community.

If his theory is as coherent, all encompassing and supported by experiment
as he believes it is, then his contempt for the LENR community's ignorance
of it -- particularly given the dominant culture's hostility to it -- is
quite understandable.