I'm not sure I follow about "powder high temperature magnet". Cravens
used a low-temperature heating bed, Cole resistive heaters at a higher
temperature.  I am also not sure how much electromagnetic energy is
produced by heating coils at high (500C) temperatures vs. a heating
unit--but should be measurable.

If an electric oven or gas fired kiln doesn't work, but electric
resistive heating elements do, all things being equal.... that bit of
information is critical to our understanding, and shouldn't be just a
theory. Especially if a decent lab furnace is cheap and accessible
(ebay). Rossi says natural gas is (was?) an acceptable form of
pre-heating.

- Brad