From: Bob Higgins [mailto:rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 9:11 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:Questions Raised by Parkhomov Experiment Failure

If you looked at the links for my calorimeter (in my previous post), you would
see that it is a 20 gallon metal fish tank (a garbage can).  Instead of glass
that would be cool for a movie for seeing through, the metal can makes it less
breakable, and the copper container for the reactor conducts the heat out
easily into the water.  The added convection fan provides a means to adjust the
thermal resistance to the water.

A third port is provided specifically for radiation detection.  It may be
possible to make the reactor viewable through this port if a high temperature
window is used (probably multiple) to keep the heat loss down.  Mica might be
an acceptable window, which doesn't melt until >1200C.  It is also low mass to
pass the radiations.

Bob

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 4:35 AM, Roarty, Francis X