There doesn't appear to have been any melting inside the tube.  It's
interesting that the fuel formed a small diameter cylinder.  There was also
a small amount of fine powder left in the cell.

The fuel is shown in the picture (looks like a little stick).

http://www.lenr-coldfusion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_20150317_134300_957.jpg