Hi,
[snip]
>Well, once again I will dissent, since we have had this discussion before.
>It is your understanding of the fractionalization mechanism that is not
>logical. What you are describing is simple ionization of the catalyst,

Correct.

>and
>this must precede, not cause, orbital reduction.

No, it happens at the same time. That's why it's energy resonance. Energy is
transferred from the H atom to the catalyst atom. The H atom gives up energy by
shrinking (reduction potential energy), and the catalyst receiving the energy
uses it to become ionized. Similar to the way an atom absorbing a photon may
become ionized.

>There is no energy to dump
>until after the redundancy has completed,

Where do you think it goes to in the mean time? ;)

You could think of it as transfer of a virtual photon from H to catalyst.
Virtual because the H can't emit a real photon, however if it's within range it
can transfer the energy through the near field. You could also think of it as a
resonant electrical transformer, where the H is the primary, and the catalyst is
the secondary.

>and Mills has clearly stated that
>the neutral atom is the hydrogen - not the catalyst.

It's not an either or situation. Yes, the H is neutral, but the catalyst can be
anything, a neutral atom, an ion, or even a molecule. The only criterion is that
it be able to resonantly absorb a multiple of 27.2 eV. A neutral Lithium atom
can do this, so can e.g. a neutral K atom (81.68 eV) or an Ar+ ion (27.2 eV), or
a He+ ion (54.4 eV), so can some entire molecules, which break up in the process
e.g. H2O, HCl.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk