Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

Could it be,,,these inventers make obsure key components of their invention
> to slow down the competision. Tesla was making bulbs too.

No, I do not think that Edison left any critical aspects of the invention
out of the patent. In those days people went from factory to another
easily, taking industrial secrets with them. Edison knew that his
production techniques would soon be common knowledge. Indeed, many
competitors soon sprang up, and his lawyers were kept busy suing for
copyright infringement.

The patent has a great deal of detailed information about how to make the
bulbs. If the method of achieving a high vacuum had been invented by them,
or if they considered it patent-able, I expect they would have included it
along with all the other details about tar and platina.