I've heard "the hum" in the mountains outside of Waushougal, WA but cannot
necessarily attribute it to that location as I've also heard it other
places.

My working hypothesis I'm suffering from occasional venous hum
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venous_hum> (not really "suffering" as it
isn't annoying when it happens -- just curious).