Who was awarded the potassium patent or was it deemed by Rossi and his
legal team to be open source. Rossi's low heat reactor (1 Megawatt version)
must use a potassium based fuel. A Lithium based fuel must run in a reactor
with and operating temperature of over 1000C. Is Rossi conceding the Big
cat and his tiger reactor subsystem as using and open source technology?

DGT used Potassium carbonate (K2CO3) as their fuel. This is the standard
LENR catalyst. It has been used from the earliest times of LENR. Thermocore
might have been the first to experiment with potassium. Potassium could
support the a fine LENR reactor design.
Melting point (891 °C (1,636 °F; 1,164 K)
Boiling point - decomposes.

A competitor of Rossi could develop a reactor that uses K2CO3 with no
patent recourse protection from Rossi. I believe that Rossi is reserving
the Lithium aluminum hydrate fuel as a doorway to the direct conversion of
the LENR reaction into electricity. This might be why Rossi made a point
that the lithium based LENR patent was the first LENR patent to be set in
place by Rossi’s team.

A way to get around the Rossi patent protection is to mix chemical
compounds containing cesium, potassium and lithium together is proportions
that are different from those specified by the Rossi patent.

Even if Mills does not discrib what he does in his technologies as LENR, as
described by Mills in his patents, there are hundreds of chemical compound
combinations that will support the LENR reaction.

These chemicals uses as fuel are not fundamental to LENR, it is what these
fuels produce that results in LENR. Those more fundamental elements are
nanoparticles of the proper sizes and aggregations comprised of elements
and/or chemical compounds.

If you remember the story of how a LENR reaction melted and vaporized a
hole a lab table and the the reinforced concrete floor of a LENR lab floor
just under the table, that vaporized floor material served as fuel of the
LENR reaction in that amazing case.