Rydberg matter may be a key to exiting earth orbit, rapid transit to Mars,
colonization of Mars, exploring the outer planets and the kuiper belt
objects and eventually to enbling interstellar flight. The new developments
in Q thrusters where an EMF source generates a push on realized virtual
particles  provides momentum in the opposite direction.

See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wokn7crjBbA

Dr. Harold "Sonny" White - Eagleworks Laboratories: Advanced Space
Propulsion

Rydberg matter produces mesons, muons, and eventually electrons from the
vacuum. These negitively charged particles could be accelerated to provide
thrust by pushing against the vacuum. When properly engineered, a LENR
based rocket thruster based on rydberg matter would provide a nulear
powered permanent and constant thrust that might when held long enough to
eventually get a hydrogen powered spacecraft close to light speed.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/nets2012/pdf/3082.pdf

Nuclear and Emerging Technologies for Space (2012)
Advanced Propulsion Physics: Harnessing the Quantum Vacuum.

Can the properties of the quantum vacuum be used to propel a spacecraft?
The idea of pushing off the vacuum is not new, in fact the idea of a
“quantum ramjet drive” was proposed by Arthur C. Clark (proposer of
geosynchronous communications satellites in 1945) in the book Songs of
Distant Earth in 1985: “If vacuum fluctuations can be harnessed for
propulsion by anyone besides science fiction writers, the purely
engineering problems of interstellar flight would be solved.”

It is our responsibility to get the dreams of Mr. Clarke to come true.