Hi,
[snip]
>In actual applications I would expect each factory making cold fusion
>engines or power supplies to generate their own purified hydrogen, or to
>bring in a tank of hydrogen every week or so. The hydrogen source in an
>automobile plant would be single cabinet. I guess they will need ~10 g of
>hydrogen gas per automobile (a ten-year supply of fuel). Maybe 12 kg per
>day in a large factory. These machines produce 10 to 15 nm^3 of hydrogen
>per hour (0.9 kg to 1.3 kg):

...I think we have been here before. You can just carry water in the vehicle,
and electrolyze it in situ, a minute quantity at a time, as required. There need
be no stored gas, and no danger.

2 mL of hydrogen gas at STP would power a 100 hp engine for 88 hours, that's 22
microliters of Hydrogen / hour . The "explosion" following even a catastrophic
collision would barely register as a mild "pop".

Even if you used ordinary water, rather than deuterium enriched, you still get
about 1200 kWh/L (of water). That's 80-100 times better than gasoline.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk