<mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> ...I think we have been here before. You can just carry water in the
> vehicle,
> and electrolyze it in situ, a minute quantity at a time, as required.
> There need
> be no stored gas, and no danger.

Mizuno and others who know a lot about hydrogen tell me that might be
problematic. It is difficult to electrolyze and purify the hydrogen. Mizuno
built a complicated purifier with filters and other gadgets taking up a
sheet of plywood on his lab wall. It is probably better to fracture the
water, purify the gas, and then pressurize either the cell or a small tank
next to the cell.

This takes only a little stored gas which would not be a danger even in the
event the tank fractured. It would be no more dangerous than a punctured
can of spray paint. A punctured can of paint would be a hazard in the
passenger compartment, but I do not think it would be a problem mounted in
the engine compartment.