On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

This just in. See:

> http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Attachment/387-Parkhomov-Soshi-20150930-English-1-pdf/

These comparisons are interesting.  But it's pretty unsatisfying that all
tests but the Lugano test were run for a handful of days rather than weeks
and developed much less excess heat than that purported to the Lugano test.

There is a shadow hanging over the Lugano test, concerning whether Rossi
played with the contents of the fuel (or ash).  I would love for this
shadow to be dispelled, but isotopic analyses from a short test run with
little excess heat will not do it.  (Another possibility: there's some
unknown parameter that adjusts what isotopes are consumed and produced.)

Unfortunately, we watchers of this field must be satisfied with tidbits of
half-information of the kind that can be derived from the Lugano report,
and are always left wondering what's going on.

Eric