On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.google.com/patents/US3977191

> The AIROPS engine is a noble gas engine like the Papp engine.

I noticed that Robert Gordon Britt, the author of the patent, did not refer
to Papp's patents as prior art.  I was unable to determine where the energy
for the electrical arc was coming from; I assume he's just plugging the
engine into an external power source, and that any locomotive power-out
will be less than or equal to the electrical power-in of the external
source.

At a minimum, assuming Britt's patent was for a working device, it shows
that the basic idea of an engine that uses noble gases is sound, if we were
in doubt that Papp's engine was a real engine.

This uses UV to produce plasma expansion just like Holmlid does.

Note that Holmlid is seeing a current of 1e13 particles per laser shot,
with peaks at ~ 4, 10 and 14 MeV [1].  That has "nuclear reaction" of some
written kind all over it, in addition to the question of what is going on
with the UV.

Eric

[1] http://arxiv.org/pdf/1302.2781.pdf