Alain--

You noted: >>SPP, evanescent waves, creates huge fields with huge gradients,
which allows protons to get entangled, electron to get entangled.<<

This is close to what I consider is happening.   Except I call the entanglement
a coherent system of particles with many degrees of freedom for response, but
only one being the lowest energy state that conserves angular momentum that
happens in increments of spin quanta.

Ed Storm’s s idea about thermo dynamics, particularly the first and second laws
are not violated.  In this regard a coherent system seems to always go to its
lowest energy state.  I consider all the the possible   states reflect the
flexibility of the interaction of particles  on a continuous basis via electric
and magnetic fields.  The assumption of a new state happens very fast, with
additional complexity providing more degrees of freedom and a “fine tuning” of
the lowest possible energy.  In this regard when spin states are considered by
the coherent system—including the various states of electrons in a coherent
system—the degrees of freedom are enormous compared to a two particle system of
a neutron and a nucleus with its finite number of different states and coupling
mechanisms offered by the electric and magnetic fields.  Thus, you only get
prompt gammas with large energy changes to reach a ground state.

In LENR you get prompt changes in spin states of all particles in the entire
coherent system (entangled particles).  The energy changes associated with the
very fine transitions of such a coherent system do not entail hot gammas, but
only fine structure modifications that have a very high probability of
happening in a very short period, compared to the transitions in an excited
nucleus resulting from an absorbed neutron with its prompt gammas.

In a nutshell, I consider the time it takes a coherent system—entangled using
another term—to realize the lowest possible energy state is the shortest time
possible, if time moves in discrete intervals.  If conservation of angular
momentum (intrinsic spin) and its associated energy affords a lower energy
state upon introduction of a new particle that stimulates a change to the
system, that system will respond and take on the lowest energy state,
conserving angular momentum.
Linear momentum is not a major issue to conserve, since the changes to the
coherent system do not have to make use of kinetic energy to achieve the lowest
energy state.  Balancing kinetic energy of particles and their momentum in a
many particle system may reduce the degrees of freedom and increase the time it
takes to reach the lowest energy state.  The probability of this happening is
extremely low compared to the reduction of the coherent system’s energy via the
distribution of spin energy through out the system.  Thus, slow neutrons with
minimal linear momentum and related kinetic energy favor the distribution of
spin energy in the coherent system they disturb.
Bob Cook