Thinking about it, his test seems to me to be a verification of the aether.

Forgetting his magical coating as we don't know what that is or how or why
it works...

What he has is 2 oppositely charged disks, one rotating and one not.

If we take the view of a stationary aether, then the top disk is rotating
and producing a magnetic field that is seen in all reference frames.
The bottom disk is not rotating and is not seen to be creating a magnetic
field even from the point of view of the rotating disk.

This results in the bottom stationary disk both seeing a magnetic fields
from the above rotating disk, and an electric force from it due to
induction (or the type of Hooper's motional e-field or a homopolar
generator), but the other disk does not have an additional force working on
it as bottom disk is not producing a magnetic field in the first place.

I fail to see how this could be expected to produce a thrust as he claims
if all reference frames were equal.

A rotating charged disk creating a magnetic field is known, what I have
long wondered about is if rotating around a stationary charged disk brings
into existence a magnetic field only seen by the rotating reference frame,
now it seems clear this is not the case.

Interestingly the fluxliner might be explainable by this mechanism if the
central coil produces a drag (electromagnetic frame dragging) selectively
in the capacitor plates.  Still overall that seems unlikely to be the
explanation for that effect.

John