I gather this is with regard to Rossi's claims. I do not take his claims
seriously. I think they are more stream-of-consciousness than lies.

Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Whopper of the Week
>
> 1)      140 patents in progress

How do you know this is not true? There is a lot of money behind Rossi. "In
progress" can mean a lot of things. It could mean people are drafting
patents (which does not cost much), or it could mean patents they have
actually been filed (which costs a lot).

> 2)      Direct electricity or heat – either one or both
>
> 3)      Jet engine application

Implausible at best.

> 4)      Fully Robotic factory to make fuel wafers

Is he saying there is such a factory? Or that they are planning one. I am
pretty sure there is no factory at present.

> 5)      Reactor hotter on outside than inside

He says this is because of EM fields. That is plausible. It is not a
violation of any law. The sun is hotter on the outside corona layer than
the inside.

> 6)      No fuel module replaced in last 300 days

That's entirely likely. I see no reason to doubt this. Any cold fusion
device should be able to run that long. When the technology matures, they
should go for years.

The only surprising thing about this is how short the duration is. I
suspect they may be engineering the thing to need a new fuel module as
often as possible. In the old days we would say they are hoping to sell the
razor at cost and then make money selling the blades. Nowadays it would be
selling the printer at cost and then profiting on the ink cartridges.