On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

But, but, but ... Mills showed the spectrum and it was full of spectral
> lines - not broadband blackbody.

Yes, I remember that later in the video -- it was kind of characteristic
and kind of not.  I don't know what it was, except that it wasn't
blackbody.  The discussion and spectrum I'm thinking of was mentioned here:

https://youtu.be/R0PYe-4090g?t=20m51s

Here Mills mentions continuum soft x-ray light in an arc plasma discharge,
with an endpoint at 122.4 eV.  One question I have here is whether this
spectrum has any relationship to the device under discussion, or is just a
restatement of an earlier result.

Thinking more about it, your hunch might be correct, and 10 eV is the
highest energy they actually see with the current device. Perhaps the
answer is hidden somewhere in that second set of spectra that flash up on
the screen.

Eric