From: Eric Walker [mailto:eric.wal...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:57 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Stimulated Beta decay of resonant nuclei?

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Stephen Cooke
<stephen_coo...@hotmail.com<mailto:stephen_coo...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Has stimulated beta decay been considered here already?
I found this old but interesting patent application by Rugerro Santilli from
2003 on line.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20030016774

Is it already known here?

Interesting patent.  I've been talking people's ears off about stimulated beta
and alpha decay (and stimulated electron capture, alpha capture and fission)
since November/December.  Here is a relevant patent from 1991:

http://www.google.com/patents/US5076971

Could even highly excited but normally stable nuclei be stimulated into Beta
radiation like this I wonder?

This might happen through electron screening, e.g., a larger amount of electron
charge around the nucleus than normally happens.

Eric