Ian Walker <walker...@gmail.com> wrote:

1) First of all according to what Jed Rothwell reports it was commissioned
> solely and apparently secretly by IH with obvious risks of bias.

I did not say anything remotely like that! I just said IH sent experts,
they wrote a report, and their report disagrees with Penon's.

What did you expect they would do? Do you think they going to pay $89
million without sending experts or without writing their own evaluation?

If it were secret why would they tell me they wrote it? (They did not
provide the actual report to me.)

> 2) It breaks the contract, there was an agreed team and an agreed format
> for the ERV contractually agreed and paid for by both parties.

As I said, only a lunatic would enforce a contract that gives Penon the
sole decision making power, with no appeal to technical accuracy or common
sense. As I said, he could write a report saying only:

"I hereby certify that this reactor produces anomalous heat with a COP
exceeding 6. Please remit $89 million."

Do you think a court would enforce that?

> 3) By Jed Rothwell's own post it seems the report is at best partial and
> by its clan-destined nature likely to be flawed.

The Penon report is way more likely to be flawed. The guy is a certified
idiot.

> Why IH are open about this and other aspects worries me greatly.

You should worry about why Rossi refuses to give his report to anyone after
he repeatedly promised to Mats Lewan and others that he would publish it.
His reason for withholding it, which I described in another thread, is
nonsense. He has been working on this lawsuit for a while. If there were
any truth to this claim that his lawyer told him not to publish, the lawyer
would have told him that weeks ago, when Rossi was still promising he would
publish.

It is just an excuse.