I wrote:

> Nope. Not possible, I think. That would require the flow to be
> synchronized to the clock such that it clicks *exactly* every 40 minutes,
> to the nearest second, every day for months. If it were a little late on
> the last click, it would show 35,000 that day, pushing the next click into
> the next day. Slightly faster and it would be 37,000. The flow would have
> to be regulated to a fraction of a liter.

As someone pointed out at lenr-forum, Rossi would have to adjust the flow
twice a year for daylight savings time. It would be a difficult adjustment.
He would have to turn down the flow exactly enough to retard it on March
13, then on November 6 he would increase the flow.

This reminds me of the hypothesis that the pretend customer went to great
lengths to hide the 1 MW of waste heat, so that no IR camera or other
method could detect it. Why would anyone do that? Why would JM care whether
someone is detecting their waste heat?

Do you know what I think happened? I think they stuffed the number "36,000"
into the flow rate, for every day. They didn't even bother skipping days
when the machine was turned off. Then they stuffed "0.0" into the pressure.
Probably, observers saw that the flow meter was recording one click every
hour or so, so 36,000 kg is plausible. That is not the actual flow, but if
you watch the meter for a few hours you would see something like that.
Observers probably saw that the pressure indicated there was water, not
steam, so they erased the actual pressure numbers and put in 0.0.

That's what I suppose happened.