Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

excuse me, is this a serious answer? What has the hose to do with the Plant?

The pipe in Rossi's plant was half empty. That's the whole point.

(Note that the second photo I pointed shows a half-empty pipe, not a hose.)

I cannot understand what you are disputing here. Anyone can demonstrate
this with a pipe or bottle. You reduce the flow rate until the pipe is only
partially filled with water. That's all there is to it. Any drainage pipe
works this way, because drainage pipes are intentionally much larger than
the expected maximum flow. See:

http://il3.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/3773036/thumb/1.jpg

Note the brown silt left on the bottom of the pipe. After the water
finishes draining, some of this silt will remain, and it will indicate the
high water mark. This is exactly what happened with Rossi's reactor pipe
and flow meter.