I remember reading the spec for the flow meter that was used.  While it may
have had mechanical digit readings that were that coarse, the flow meter
has an available electronic option that provides a pulse for each turn of
the internal rotor which corresponds to about 1 liter of flow (again
recollection).  It could be an upset/surprise if Penon testifies that he
used electronic monitoring of the flow meter.  Still it does not account
for the uniform and coarse flows reported each day.