A friend of mine has one of those square UHF HD TV amplified antennas.  We
moved it into the attic and got 17 channels.  We really wanted PBS.  Its about
45 miles away in Clearfield PA.  PBS would only come in pixellated for a brief
moments.  I bent a #10 copper wire a quarter wavelength this way and that.  I
found that the at the far end of the range the HD TV signal comes in vertically
polarized.  I made a wire after several tries that works well.  It resonates at
the frequency of UHF channel 18.  It has 3 elements and is about 1.5 feet long.
 I glued it to the square UHF antenna and pointed the arrangement towards
Clearfield.   I worked like a charm.  PBS is coming in solid most of the time.
The antenna looks something like below.  It receives the signal through the
roof in the attic.  Could this be a new product, a bent wire tuned for various
UHF channels?  It would only work to bring in one marginal channel better.

I am thinking about this one.  Maybe another friend Howard may be able to help
with this one.

Frank Z