On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:34 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:
I suppose one could audition different "personalities" and even switch them
back and forth. You could have an digital staff bigger than Downton Abbey
if you wanted (at extra cost no doubt).

<pause>

My organic model came with such; however, I had no control over which
personality was expressed.

> When Siri sez "message sent" I can't help replying "thank you" since that
> kind of common courtesy is ingrained ... but is it unnecessary with an AI?
> What will the legal situation will be if you are ever sued for anything...
> can the other side subpoena you IPA to show what an uncaring slave-master
> you are with the staff ?

Early on, Alexa would either respond with either no response or "I didn't
understand your question."  Eventually I got a "Thank You" and even a "My
Pleasure".  Then came the unacceptable "No Problem".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimblasingame/2014/07/25/thank-you-is-golden-no-problem-is-a-problem/#31554d88340b

My feedback was similar to the language Watney used when he heard they had
not told the Aries III he survived.

"Thank You" is back.

BTW, I have put a remote power switch on Alexa's wall wart.  Because of:

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/someone-asked-amazon-alexa-about-the-cia-and-the-answers-are-hilarious/yw0xC9jabt7N1ocCT5vkKK/

Harumph!  Bitch probably has battery.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103907/