It is also possible that as a mixed-medium star, there is CNO-catalyzed fusion
happening, though usually that entails stars larger and heavier than the Sun to
get a bigger proportion of CNO rather than simple hydrogen fusion.

Me, I'm interested in tricking out the system so that CNO happens at much
balmier temperatures and pressures.

Jess Tauber