Che <comandantegri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what I am not getting. Why are we even talking about 'cold fusion'
> as a reality, when initial (wild?) success always seems to end up in a
> dead-end -- where people can get away with SAYING this sort of thing..?

The results are not a bit dead end. By the standards of experimental
science, cold fusion results were superb. Practically unprecedented in the
history of science. It was a totally unexpected phenomenon and it is still
not understood, yet within a few years there were hundreds of irrefutable
papers confirming it. If it were not for academic politics, every scientist
on earth would be convinced by the results from people such as Fritz Will.
See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/WillFGtritiumgen.pdf

People such as Che mistakenly believe it is a dead end because he reads
mass media lies instead of scientific papers, and because frauds such as
Defkalion and Rossi have lately dominated the field with fake claims. That
never happened from 1989 until Rossi came along. He has almost
single-handedly destroyed the field.