On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Che <comandantegri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> This is what I am not getting. Why are we even talking about 'cold
>> fusion' as a reality, when initial (wild?) success always seems to end up
>> in a dead-end -- where people can get away with SAYING this sort of thing..?
>>

> The results are not a bit dead end. By the standards of experimental
> science, cold fusion results were superb. Practically unprecedented in the
> history of science. It was a totally unexpected phenomenon and it is still
> not understood, yet within a few years there were hundreds of irrefutable
> papers confirming it. If it were not for academic politics, every scientist
> on earth would be convinced by the results from people such as Fritz Will.
> See:

If Jed Rothwell didn't have his OWN agenda, instead of this knee-jerk
response, he would have glossed instead that I am speaking really ONLY of
the '*practical*' engineering outcomes of this basic scientific research --
you know: the shit MOST people are actually INTERESTED in. Like buying a
dirt-cheap water-heater/electricity source/eternal battery/yadda.

Jed Rothwell, scientific researcher extraordinaire, has misunderstood the
easily-grasped (admittedly 'loaded') context of the term 'dead-end' above.

Tsk, tsk.