See at 8:20 of Keith Fredericks "Possibility of Tachyon" presentation at
ICCF-18 how the track structure is formed by a rotating tachyon particle
waveform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKblAn8lLI

In condensed matter, it is usual to find complicated many particle systems
that form a structure that behaves like another particle type. A coherent
superconducting nanowire can behave just like a quasiparticle which obeys
all the mathematical laws associated with that newly derived quasiparticle.

I beleive that the nanowire, whatever it is that is coming out of the metal
lattice in the grass micrograph behaves like a monopole tachyon.

At 3:20 if the video, coherent particle motion is deminstated. This means
that the quasiparticle is superconducting and coherent.

*Where does the energy come from that produces the tracks?*

The energy can be received either from the outside of the particle or it
could be created by the particle itself as a result of its interaction with
the substrate,

If transmutation is found in the tracks, then the energy that produces the
tracks is coming from the particles interaction with the substrate and that
means a LENR reaction is occurring as the tracks are being produced. The
particle is storing the energy as it moves along the substrate and as the
particle(s) progresses along the track, it gets more capable at
transmutation (heavier elements are produced at the end of the track and
lighter ones at the beginning of the track) since its energy store is
increasing.

In this video

https://steemit.com/mfmp/@homosymbion/kenneth-r-shoulders-2010-interview-with-john-hutchinson-key-point-transcript

Ken Shoulders states as follows regaring the EVO

@31m33s - Where do you find them?

“They can be just about anywhere, it is handy for me because I can analyse
them in a vacuum - they can exist in a solid, literally in some of John’s
[John Hutchinson] work, in the middle of the middle I’ve seen a paper that
showed things like that and many other cold fusion guys. I’ve created them
and kept them overnight and when I come in next morning they blow to
smithereens - but I think they did some wrong things to make them do those
things.”

“They are extremely ubiquitous things, you can shuffle across this road and
you will have created them those marks - little marks on that door knob are
the witness marks - they are just everywhere, you get out of your car, rub
across your seat and snap… you just made one.

IMO these quasiparticles are EVO's.