Fission in LENR is caused by muons. If Ed Storms would invest in a muon
detector, then he would see that this assertion is true.

The Chernobyl disaster was caused in part by an electric explosion in water
as the source of added fission induced by muon emissions from the electric
exposition.

See:

On the possible physical mechanism of Chernobyl catastrophe and the
unsoundness of official conclusion
A.A. Rukhadze,* L.I. Urutskojev,** D.V. Filippov**

https://arxiv.org/ftp/nucl-ex/papers/0304/0304024.pdf

"Apart from the neutron mechanism, other mechanisms of uranium fission are
also known to exist, for example, fission induced by slow muons [24]. . The
mechanism of uranium fission under the action of magnetic monopoles has
been considered theoretically [25]. It was suggested [25] that the
monopole-nuclear interaction is so strong that a monopole that comes close
to a nucleus can induce 238U fission."

 L.I. Urutskojev and D.V. Filippov latter verified this assertion in
exploding titanium foil experiments that produced fission in uranium at a
distance from the electric arc explosion.

As we now know through the work of Ken Shoulders and G. Egely, dusty plasma
produces LENR activated nanoparticles and polaritons. The polaritons
generate  the monopole magnetic field lines that induce muon production.