Thank you for introducing me to Boscovich.  I had not encountered him before, but clearly should have.

Nigel

On 29/09/2017 21:23, ROGER ANDERTON wrote:
from my studies of physics history, what "they" (educators of physics) do is dumb down the history when teach to physics students; so "they" miss out teaching that unified field theory presented in 1758 by Boscovich, because not part of the curriculum that are told to teach so miss it out; supposedly for the purpose of making the subject easier to understand in the sense of being able to pass exams.

So, when you have people like Tesla working on physics pre-Quantum and pre-relativity revolutions, the type of physics they were working on which they knew about was Boscovich theory.