The author of the article cited below mislead me.
After checking his sources, it seems India is not building a reactor based
on the concept energy amplification. They are building a prototype
commercial fast breeder reactor and the only thing it has in common with
Carlo Rubbia's proposal is that they both use thorium.

Harry