The KEY to this effect is particle chirlity. Only left hand particles
decay.

http://www.nature.com/articles/524008b

Any mechanism that change the chirality of particles to left handed will
increase the rate at which these particles decay.

One mechanism that effects nuclear decay rates is surface plasmon
polaritons. These polaritons form inside of cavities. They will also form
on the surface of metals.

Another mechanism is laser light. Laser light is always polarized. If a
laser produces left handed linear polarized light, that laser will increase
the decay rate of particles when the light is converted to magnetic flux
lines. Nanoparticles are required to convert the light into a chirality
polarized magnetic field. The same is true for polarized microwaves.