Hi,

We humans use about 500 quad/yr of energy. At that rate it would take 5 trillion
years to use all the kinetic energy of the Earth going around the Sun.
Every movement on the surface of the planet imparts angular momentum to the
planet, most of which probably cancels out. The Earth is also constantly losing
angular momentum to the Moon (rotational about it's axis). It hardly makes any
difference. You don't see people worried about tapping tidal energy do you? I
seriously doubt your device would have a noticeable impact in your lifetime, or
that of anyone else now alive, even if everyone used it the "wrong" way. If,
over many lifetimes, the impact became noticeable, I'm sure by then we will have
found alternatives anyway.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success