I have wondered if the Aspden Effect could be a free energy effect.   There was
an obscure Polish physics group that seemed to replicate it or something very
much like it.

A gyroscope or rotating mass can have a memory effect, according to this.  You
brake it and re-spin it up to the original rpms and find that it takes far less
energy to do so when compared with that which you used to get it to that rpm
level initially.  Makes you wonder if one could simply accelerate and
deaccelerate while gathering net energy.

I also wonder about the Morgan/Wallace experiments in that it was reported that
a lead rotor (20K + rpm) produced a field effect causing a similar rotor 1/16"
away to rotate......in the opposite direction!  If so, as opposite, is that
sympathetic movement 'free energy'?