Extreme pressure of just about any element or compound will likely produce
a meta-stable state where  deep-orbit electrons are configured. These
results come from  recent research using a powerful laser shot to compress
matter to the ultra dense state even at extreme temperatures has shown that
just about any compound or element will become ultra dense in a meta-stable
state when subjected to enough pressure.

See

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190311125134.htm

Researchers turn liquid metal into a plasma