Jürg Wyttenbach wrote:
> In the Mizuno case we can exclude this behavior, as clustered D-D,
inside larger clusters, always will undergo fusion...

Always? ... doubt it. There is no evidence from Mizuno of helium and it makes
no sense to be dogmatic on the issue until evidence arrives.

Which is to say: until we get mass spec readings for significant amounts of
helium after a long run, fusion remains just a fall-back assumption based on
old electrolysis results - and possibly unjustified for anything else.
Surprisingly, even with a reactor operating at 3 kw for extended periods -
there is no report of tritium or transmutation of any kind. Mizuno is
reportedly an expert at radiation detection so the lack of any mention by him
is curious, to say the least. Even if the branching ratio of LENR in general
favors mostly helium - at this high level of output there is little logical way
to claim that absolute quenching of the normal branching ratio all the way back
to zero tritium; and tritium could not be missed by him in small amounts, if it
was present.

Home usage of the reactor almost guarantees he assumes no tritium even at very
high thermal output. He would not jeopardize his family's health.

I agree that most of the LENR experts think deuterium fusion is responsible for
the excess heat, but as of now that seems like little more than speculation to
me - especially since in the earlier runs at 4000 Pa, with only protium as fuel
(but with rubbed Pd on nickel), more excess energy was seen with protium-- than
with deuterium under the same conditions. This favors a non-fusion modus
operandi.
Jones