Hi,
[snip]
>Adding H* to any useful isotope would result in a much better energy
>gain in  the range of 1..8 MeV at best. Adding H* is neutron like and
>not always harmless...

I would have thought that adding H* would only be neutron like when addition of
a neutron would result in a more stable nucleus than addition of a proton. IOW,
I think nature prefers to create stable nuclei, when possible.
In the case of H* it can either add both the proton & the electron in an
enhanced electron capture reaction, or just add the proton, and eject the
electron. IOW it has a choice, and I suspect it will usually choose the path
that leads to a stable nucleus.

[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk