Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> The population for China is over 1.4 billion. Thus, in a normal year with
> normal flu rates, they would expect more than 10 million deaths from all
> causes.
>
> Since there are normally almost one million deaths per month in China
> expected - and being dealt with by the current infrastructure, the question
> resolves to this: what additional number could be effectively hidden by
> officials, at this point in time ?

Nearly all of the infections and deaths are in Wuhan, so you would have to
cover up ~25,000 deaths in that city. Not the whole of China. People would
notice if 25,000 citizens disappeared. They would be mainly older people.
Not street people, but people known to their family, friends and
employers.  People know when their parents, aunts and uncles disappear or
die.

In the coming weeks, the deaths may spread all over the country, instead of
being concentrated in Wuhan. However, this report was that 25,000 died
already. Large numbers only got sick in the last 30 days or so. So nearly
all 25,000 would all have died within the last few weeks, during which
Wuhan normally has about 9,500 deaths, nearly all of them very old people.
Thousands of hospital workers and others would see there are thousands more
deaths than normal. I am sure they know there are now hundreds more.