Here is something else which statistically needs to be considered to assess
the reliability of the official Wuflu death toll. Namely - what is the extent
of fatalities of the "normal" flu in China this year? And also, how many
citizens are infected with both types simultaneously?

It is possible that many flu deaths there could have been intentionally labeled
as the known types, in order to prevent public panic. For instance, in the USA
our CDC estimates that so far this flu season there have been at least 29
million of the regular flue illnesses, 280,000 hospitalizations and 16,000
deaths.

That is huge! and possibly understated, but this background situation of many
flue types in circulation has gone largely unreported in the analysis of our
situation, since the flu season will go on for several more months. Many more
deaths are expected here in the states -  even without the new corona cases,
possibly double that toll.

China is more than 4 times more populous than the USA and has sub-standard
health care in many places, so it may be expected to already have seen
60,000-80,000 dead from the normal (non corona) variety of flu this season, yet
this enormous death toll is not factored into the statistics yet.

Considered in that context - it is easy to imagine that to avoid panic, doctors
in China, especially in the rural areas, have been instructed to call every flu
death a "normal" flu death  if there is any doubt about it. And since the
testing ability for the new virus is strained to the limit this year - there is
going to be large doubt.

Plus - do we know that a substantial percentage of persons cannot catch both
types at the same time?

Perhaps - most cases of Wuflu are very mild initially UNLESS the infected
person already has been exposed to one of the known strains. It may require two
infections to become fatal. Extrapolating from US numbers, there are already
over 100 million normal flue infections and no reason that a second corona
infection could not happen at the same time in part of that population, given
the very long gestation period.

If so, which strain of flu actually caused the fatality? Perhaps it is both.
And are we really seeing the low mortality rates which are claimed, since we
have not been accurately looking at the correct statistics?

    Terry Blanton wrote:

  Italy reported 5 deaths in 28 cases.  Small population but it is close to the
rumored Chinese death rate of 15.6%.
I'm sure they actually have more cases uncounted yet.