bobcook39923 wrote:

> “OBFUSCUTION” is the name of the game these days, I’m sorry to say.  The
> Nordskies are no exception.

Well yes, but they (Norront) are not a University nor charitable organization.

They are investing major private funds in the hopes of getting a good return.
We should not expect them to divulge trade secrets or other details which give
away a competitive edge. Holmlid, however, has many dozens of quality papers
out there to work from.

Of course, all of us would like to see better evidence that they (anyone) have
made a major breakthrough after all these years. Norront have been more
forthcoming with useful info than either BLP or Brillouin - but at this stage,
they must ship real prototype devices to potential customers even if some
details remain trade secret.

Let's hope Norront (or anyone else) can produce decent results which are
replicated soon. From a practical standpoint, I do not see any justifiable hope
for Mills' present work. Everything he publishes sounds like a broken record.
The old vinyl kind. In retrospect, he has run through what must be $200 million
or more since 1990 without a single significant and verifiable breakthrough.

OK in a world where paper companies with much less to offer (Nicola Motors for
instance) can raise billions on a worthless IPO, then the sorry record of Mills
is not such a scandal. Just a major disappointment.