We are all familiar with the entropy argument as to why time seems to have
a preferred direction. eg. We do not see broken eggs spontaneously
reassembling themselves as they would in a film being played backwards
because the entropy of the universe is increasing according to the laws of
thermodynamics.

But this got me thinking if time were running backwards it would also
affect the viewer since light would be leaving our eyes instead of entering
it. The image would precede the object. Because the speed of light is
finite the viewer's image of the egg at any moment would be closer to the
reassembled egg then the state of the actual egg.

Harry