On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, Chris Zell wrote:
Does anyone have any info on this topic?   It seems to me that either Paul
Brown was a deliberate, calculated fraud or he discovered something of
immense value.

  Paul Brown's warning to other experimenters
  http://www.padrak.com/ine/INE17.html

  Some cases of suppression

http://web.archive.org/web/20180623085130/http://www.rense.com/general72/oinvent.htm

If I understand it, Brown's main discovery was an energy-gain in radioactive wires, or within wires bathed in radiation from adjacent sources.

So, today a simple test would be to continuously measure (high freq AC?) wire resistance, or perhaps measure the "Q" of a metal-enclosed LC tank circuit, then look for increased value when placed against a 'hot' radioactive sample (thin metal being a shield, to prevent capacitive changes to Q caused by movements of the sample.) I think Brown claimed to have achieved self-oscillation from this gain (so, Q becoming infinite.) But with a sensitive measurement, perhaps his discovery can be detected, while using commonly available low-level active materials: 50,000CPM carnotite from eBay, radium T/R tubes, etc. Hook an op-amp negative resistance circuit to a big coil/capacitor, adjust it for barely-stable oscillation, then see if hot samples will make oscillations start growing.

old Scientific American article about triggering radio signal amplification using an antenna coated with radium

As well as his multiple patents?

101 E. Water ST.
Elmira, NY 14901

I grew up just across the river, in 14904 zip (just down from Janowski Gardens, over by Dunn Field!) Looking at Streetview, I see that the idiots have cut down all the trees. Elmira was once a town of tree-lined avenues everywhere. Now in comparison to 1970s, it looks like a poverty zone!

William J. Beaty                 https://electricatechnology.com
beat...@gmail.com                CTO, Inventor, Research Engineer
bi...@amasci.com 206-762-3818 vm 5459 Wilkinson Rd, Langley, WA 98260-8700