I didn't want to take such a deep dive into this subject, but it seems
possible that sodium ion batteries could have an even higher energy density per
mass and per volume than the present lithium ion batteries. Research into the
intercalation of hard carbon with Prussian Blue analogs (various
hexacyanoferrate compounds) are headed in that direction. Of course, that's
just what the researchers report, but I remain optimistic. Curiously, these
same structures are being researched for water purification. So it's perhaps
such a high volume application would provide enough of these materials for
batteries as well.

     On Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 12:28:03 AM GMT+1, Robin