Hi,

My thoughts:- Since photons travel at the speed of light, if special relativity
is correct, then in their own reference
frame, they travel no distance, and it takes no time. Hence transmission &
absorption occur concurrently and without any
separation distance. This may explain the "full energy dump".
BTW the full energy is not always dumped. Consider the Compton effect.

>I missed the fact that Dr. John Cramer here in UW physics, has recently
>teamed up with Carver Mead (of the "Collective Electrodynamics" book,) for
>some optical-bench photon experiments.
>
>Go see this:
>

> https://www.geekwire.com/2020/physics-professor-tackles-one-mystery-quantum-mechanics-times-flow/
>
>   ...Mechanism of WaveFunction Collapse  8/2020
>   https://arxiv.org/pdf/2006.11365.pdf
>
>It's all about sharply-resonant oscillators (atoms) which can suddenly
>"dump" all their energy, yet have it entirely go to just one distant,
>identical atom, rather than spreading tiny bits to many atoms.  The key is
>some interference patterns with time-reversed EM waves, the effect causing
>two distant atoms to "agree" to the full energy-dump (which was also RP
>Feynman's first professional physics, w/adviser JA Wheeler.)
>
>So, there are no photons after all, just EM waves?
>
>ALso, here's Cramer's recent column in 1/2021 issue of Analog SF mag:
>
>   Wave Function Collapse Revealed
>   https://www.npl.washington.edu/av/altvw210.html
>

>   9/2001 Carver Mead interview
>   http://worrydream.com/refs/Mead%20-%20American%20Spectator%20Interview.html
>
>John Cramer is famous for his unpopular non-Schrodinger, non-Copenhagan QM
>theory called
>     "Transactional Interpretation of QM."
>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_interpretation

>William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
>billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
>EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
>Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au>